Julie Andrews sang about “raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens” as some of her favorite things; I must admit that my faves are a little less esoteric and a little more materialistic than Ms. Andrews’, but here are the top 10 things I fell in love with this year – please don’t hold it against me!
- My Kindle; I love to read and carrying my library with me wherever I go is an absolute treat.
- The heart-stopping sparkling diamond jewelry at Kwiat.
- Rosewood Mayakoba, Riviera Maya, Mexico – hands down, one of the most wonderful resort experiences I’ve ever had and the folks at Travel&Leisure agree too!
- My YSL Gold Tribute Shoes; they’re killer but they make my legs look great.
- Frozen yogurt with lychees and almonds at Pinkberry.
- Cashmere leggings from Kier+J – they’re oh so warm and definitely downtown hipster chic.
- Falafel sandwiches from Maoz Vegetarian - good quality and great prices.
- Marie Jasmin’s SWEAT Cardio Sculpt classes at Equinox are fabulous; she’s a wonderful trainer and whipped my butt into shape this year.
- I’ve been dreaming about owning one of Kristen Farrell’s Mystical Talon pendants, they’re absolutely to die for!
- I fell in love with Mara Hoffman’s beautifully patterned clothes, bathing suits and beach coverups.
I’d love to hear what some of your favorite things are … LMK.
Happy New Year!!!!
[images clockwise from Kwiat, YSL, Kristen Farrell, Maoz Vegetarian, Mara Hoffman, Pinkberry, Rosewood Mayakoba, Amazon and Equinox]
WHAT: Kier+J Cashmere Sample Sale
WHY: Um … great cashmere (cashmere blends, wool, silk blends and fine cottons) at really really low prices, like $25 per sweater. Designed in Paris by Junichi Hakamaki, former assistant to Tom Ford, and sold state-side. The collection is made up of light-weight knits in a range of styles – funky sweater coats, beautiful wrap dresses, henleys, tanks and cardigans – all at a fraction of the cost. Junichi’s designs are for the modern discerning woman, this is not your grandma’s cashmere!
WHEN: 5.18.2009 – 5.22.2009, Monday – Friday, 10am – 6pm (while supplies last)
WHERE: 21 W. 39th Street, 2nd Floor (between 7th & 8th Avenues)