We all have one. You know, the friend who always looks perfectly put together no matter how little sleep she’s had or how much stress she happens to be under. It’s a hard job, but someone’s gotta do it, right? What’s her secret? Basically, her monthly maintenance routine is paramount to her well-being (like maybe chocolate is for you). The maintenance routine varies from woman to woman, but generally consists of working out, eating properly, going to the hair salon, regular waxings and the like. She may be working a gazillion hours a week, but she gets her eyebrows done like clock-work. Her constitution wouldn’t allow her to behave otherwise. No worries if your inner-peace is not contingent upon having your ‘stache (if you have one, you know what I’m referring to) done regularly, but if you want to make sure you put your best foot forward professionally and personally, here are a few tips to help you.
- Maincures&Pedicures – If you have time for nothing else, maintain your nails. Unkempt nails and chipped polish are no-nos. No time to go to the salon? Try Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri Nail polish, $5.
- Signature Scent – If you don’t already have one, take the time to select one. Here are a few tips to aid in the search for your signature scent: ➊ Don’t wear cologne when you go to shop for a new fragrance; ❷ Narrow your choices to 3, spray them in different places on your arms and wrists; ➌ Get samples of the 3 and use each at home to figure out which works best with your body chemistry; and ➍ Over the course of time, build a “Fragrance Wardrobe”: day, evening & special occasions.
- Looking a little too dewy in the middle of the day? Blotting tissues are a great way to control oil production, you’ll never be too shiny or too matte.
- Standing Appointments – Treat yourself to a day of beauty. Make yourself feel special and insure you dont have to worry about remembering to make an appointment by making standing appointments with your hair dresser, your esthetician, your colorist, your bikini waxer and your eyebrow gal. TIP: Make sure you have a contingency plan for when these folks go out of town.
- Beat the Face – This is what the professionals call it. Learn to put your perfect face on in 10 minutes so that you always walk out the door looking polished and put together.
- Desk S.O.S. Kit – Keep a stash of your beauty essentials at work. Just dupe everything in your cosmetics bag. That way, if you leave it at home, you are good to go. Include deoderant, stain remover wipes or stick, perfume, blotting tissues and a curling iron or flat iron.
- A good night’s sleep – The best way to look well-rested is to be well-rested. Never underestimate what a good night’s sleep and keeping hydrated with lots of water can do for your skin and well-being.
Follow these tips and the next thing you know, you’ll be the friend others use as their standard!